Thursday, April 01, 2010

Slow Poster

School is revving up and winding down all in one wheeling motion leaving me a bit dizzy. Thankfully, I had a sun-soaked trip down south replete with Bayou St. John strolls and many a walk through my much loved New Orleans parks Audubon Park uptown and City Park near my mom's home.
I can't bear to be inside too long when the sun is out. Even watching the boy do yard work was a sunny treat.
Doesn't he look like the cover of a Harlequin Romance novel? I helped by taking the machete to one or two banana plants.

Trips home are non-stop family, friend, food, and puppy time. I got a lot of great pictures and memories and almost no work done. But, I did get to see Dave Eggers speak at the Tennessee Williams Festival, which I'll count toward the furthering of my education goals. He has an inspiring and edifying way about him. He was so open and kind to everyone he spoke to and gave a wonderful talk on his approach to writing and education. Plus he looks a lot like David Boreanaz.
I am breaking one of his rules on writing, however, by having the internet. I can't quit you interwub.

1 comment:

Lauren Date said...

I love that picture of Evan - and the house in the background. And the banana plant.