Thursday, March 04, 2010

Olyphantastic

Megan, Lauren and I took in a movie at the local Kerasotes for free popcorn night. I really love seeing movies in the middle of the week. It is cheaper, plus hello, free popcorn. And the crowds are always interesting. In all honesty, I could see a movie any day of the week. So, I should just say, "I really love seeing movies."

We each smuggled in a La Croix. We have all given up soda for Lent. I ate a lot less popcorn as a consequence, which I suppose is a plus.


We saw "The Crazies".


I have a horror movie addiction. It probably stems back to my twin and me watching them with my brother and dad when we were little. A good horror movie has all the right elements for me - suspense, catharsis, conflict and excitement. And this movie did not disappoint. It was edge of your seat scary, great cinematography and solid acting. I have never seen Romero's original, so I can't really compare. I will make a point to now. It will be just like when I watched assigned horror movies for my Horror and Sci-Fi class in college. You read right - I watched horror movies for a grade.

But, seriously how bad could "The Crazies" be? It has American Jedi Timothy Olyphant. I have coined the term "Olyphantastic" since seeing this movie. He just is Olyphantastic. He is pretty much great in everything I have seen him in. Except for "Catch and Release". I do not know how you can mess up Sydney Bristow and Seth Bullock in one movie, but they did.

Seriously though - you have to love that mad man Bullock.

2 comments:

AML said...

Hi friend! I, as well, find your blog berry interesting. Don't forget to read your Holy Bible!

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.