Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sweet Summer Style

We just went through most of season 2 of "True Blood." I resisted it for a good while and the snippets I did catch weren't that appealing. But, I so wanted to like it. If for anything, because I loved Alan Ball's "Six Feet Under" so, so much.

Plus it is a show about vampires. In Louisiana! Who am I to deny it? We rented the first season and it was addicting. I love Sookie Stackhouse. I must concede that she is a much better role model for the ladies than some vampire obsessed heroines. Her character has boatloads of southern moxie. She uses good manners like armor and sticks to her own moral code. With quotes like this, "You might be a vampire, but you will respect me and treat me like the lady I am," she makes me want to speak more southernly.

Don't get me wrong, Buffy Summers is hands down, the best hero around. And "True Blood" is quick to drop the chosen one's name on a regular basis, making it all the more endearing.

The show is pretty darn over the top sexy. But, if you take it like a comedy it is corny in a good way. I also like how Alan Ball tackles big subjects like God and mortality. They have 2,000 year old vampires, so why not?

I want to incorporate more Sookie fashion into my life.

No comments: