Saturday, May 29, 2010

Eye of the Tiger


Today I ran the furthest I have ever run. Ten miles in fact. It was the Soldier Field 10 mile race that went from Soldier Field to 53rd in the south side. You could not have asked for a more beautiful day. It was sunny and breezy. Megan and I were running partners. Raisa, Lauren, and Robin kept pace with a faster crowd.
I was really nervous going into it because I did not have the chance to train as much as I would have liked. Megan and I, however, kept a brisk pace for our under five feet legs and ended up finishing it in less than two hours. And considering we had to make a pit stop at the Leprecans, I think we maintained a good pace. Megan and I ran onto Soldier Field through the entrance the football players enter through. (The very same field the Super Bowl winning Saints have played on.) We high fived on the jumbotron while crossing the finish line. I think after today I would like to train for a half marathon. What is two and a half more miles? I would like to do it here and here.


After the race we all went to Bagel on Damen for sandwiches and had a victorious picnic in the park. We all got medals. A special thanks to Robin for picking up our race packets and feeding us pasta the night before.

2 comments:

Lauren Date said...

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.