Friday, May 21, 2010

Movin'


I think this is my tenth move in less than ten years. You think I would have learned to acquire less possessions in my quasi-nomadic existence. But, no. I have so much stuff. Most of the stuff are books, comics, and photo albums. I come from a family of collectors. And it is hard to resist those collecting impulses.

I'll have to wait until I am settled in one place for a good, long while before I can collect anything heavy. I hereby solemnly swear that for the rest of my graduate career to fully take advantage of the CPL in lieu of buying books. They are just too heavy to keep moving.

I am purging a lot of my stuff and making Goodwill boxes. It feels good and bad all at once. Good to lighten my heavy load. Bad because I wasted money on objects that I don't need nor want anymore. I am breaking the bad habit of impulsive buying and getting a lot more choosy. It mostly feels good.


I really like this Apartment Therapy checklist and am going to the hardware store to get some spackling paste.

No comments: