Sunday, December 02, 2007

Getting Well-er


DSC_0120.JPG, originally uploaded by Juxtaposedface.



Just wanted to make a quick post to tell everyone that my mom's surgery went very well. Lots of nail biting took place. My mom got a super sweet hospital suite by luck. The hospital is at capacity since the storm supposedly, so we had to wait several hours after her surgery to get a room. Long story short we had posh accomodations with a sleeper couch so Megan and I got to stay with her every night she was there. (Sleep over party and blood bag fight!)

The nurses and staff were great and we got to witness a Code Pink. I was walking up the stairs with celebatory cookies and a nurse popped out of the third floor door and asked, "Do you have a baby in there?" To which I responded, "You lost a baby."
As I made my way back to my mom's room I saw staff of all shapes and sizes squealing, "Oh shit! Code Pink!"

I think they found the baby later on.

Sandra Rae is recovering nicely though. She is throwing all of her troubles to the wind. Or to the ducks, respectively.

1 comment:

El Muad'Dib said...

i'm happy to read it went well. give yo' mama a kiss for me.