Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I Guess He Has a Type



Remember that time a few weeks ago when my friend Ling and I grabbed a beer at the Rainbo after a disappointing trip to the Empty Bottle? We saw a cute boy walk by and we both nodded in approval. Within a few minutes of sitting down with our drinks said cute boy and friend sat in our booth. Cute boy insisted he take me out on a date later that week. Let’s call him Harry. Harry asked for my number and then called my phone (which was sitting on the table) to make sure I had his phone number. The thing is, Harry stopped being cute when he started to talk.

When he called I was busy with things and a little scared by his enthusiasm. He ended up calling me one evening till five o’clock in the morning just from this one chance encounter. Sweet.

This weekend a couple of friends and I went to the Rainbo again. A cute boy with a beard walked by and we nodded in approval. He then went up to my sister Megan and asked her if she wanted to have a “cocktail” with him. Ling’s eyes got big and she said “That’s the guy who kept calling you!”

We asked Megan what was his name.

“Harry,” she said.

Harry grew a beard.

Well, the dude has a type I guess. And it is the Milliken type. Next time our brother Mike comes into town, we are strapping a wig on him and marching over to Rainbo to see if he gets lucky, lucky with a fellow by the name of “Harry.”

No comments: