Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Hungarian Wine and Bread Dumplings



It was the summer of 2004. Ashley Simpson came out with her first single. I studied in Prague.

I watched Daisies to prepare myself and I guess it was spot on. At one point we did stop in a field and made wreaths of flowers. Those that know me also know that besides reading Kafka and Kundera I cried a lot. I missed my then boyfriend.

Crying fits aside, I got to have a lot of madcap adventures gallavanting throughout Europe. I even saw the Queen of England. And what.

I also befriended two particular people while studying. One being a 4'11" blonde version of my twin sister. Way to go Shannon. And the other was the only other person besides myself in a committed relationship who stayed that way while in Europa. The three of us had lots of drunken adventures involving such props as knives, castles, and absinthe.



For the first time since this trip, we will all be meeting up. This holy reunion will take place in Madison, Wisconsin. I think cheese and booze will play a large part in whatever happens.

PS - I just watched Scoop and it was awesome. Scarlett's character in it was hillarious.

No comments: